Youth Code of Conduct
Download the form here
CODE OF CONDUCT
It is the aim of this club that children’s sport will be conducted in a safe, positive and encouraging environment, guided by what is best for the child. Below are the guidelines for young people and their parents/guardians in our club.
Young players should always:
- Treat sport leaders (coaches, umpires etc) with respect.
- Play fairly at all times.
- Respect team members, give them full support when they do well and when things go wrong.
- Respect opponents, be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Abide by the rules set down by Leaders when travelling to away games
- Talk to the Children’s Officer if they have any problems.
Young players should never:
- Shout at or argue with umpires, team mates or opponents.
- Use bullying tactics to isolate a player.
- Use violence or physical contact to intimidate another player.
- Take banned substances.
- Tell lies or spread rumours about another child.
Parents Remember that children learn by example.
- Show respect for Leaders (coaches, assistants, umpires etc.)
- Show respect for your child’s team mates and the opposing team.
- Encourage children to play by the rules.
- Behave responsibly on the sideline, in particular never show dissent with an umpiring decision as this will be observed by nearby children.
- Focus on effort, fun and participation rather than results.
- Never use foul language.
My child(ren) and I have read and agree to abide by the above guidelines
Name:____________________ Name of child(ren):________________________
Date: ____________________ ________________________
- Facebook - Twitter